With the increasing popularity of online casino gambling in Canada, here are a few tips that players should know about online blackjack, including some strategies and how to choose a safe online blackjack casino.
Online blackjack tips
The first thing the player must do when playing online blackjack is to master the basic blackjack strategy. This will increase their chances of winning while minimizing losses. In blackjack the term ‘hard hands’ refers to all the hands which have no Ace. ‘Soft hands’ refers to the hands that have an ace in addition to either of the numbers between 2 and 9 inclusive. ‘Pairs’ are the hands that have cards of the same value.
In general if you have pairs:
• Never split pairs made of with numbers 4, 5 or 10.
• Always split a pair that has aces or the one made of number 8s.
• If the dealer’s upcard is number 6 or less, you should slit all the other pairs.
With hard hands:
• Stand if you have number 17 or higher
• When you have a number from 12 through 16, you should stand; hit only when the dealer’s upcard is number 7 or higher
• Hit if you have 10 or 11; if the your total is more than the dealer’s upcard, you should double down
• Hit if you have a number 9 or lower
• Double down if you have 13 through 18 and the dealer’s upcard is a 5 or 6.
• Hit each time you have a 17 or lower.
• When you have an 18, you should stand when the dealer’s upcard is 7 or more and hit if the dealer’s card is 6 or less.
• Stand when you have a 19 or higher.
How to increase the odds of winning in online blackjack
Different online blackjack versions have different odds of winning. Players should always check to make sure they know the odds of the version they are using before they begin playing for real money. Finding out which strategies work best with that particular version is usually the best way of increasing the odds of winning, in addition to capitalizing on the bonuses offered by the online casinos.
How to choose a safe online blackjack casino
• Check online for the blacklisted sites to avoid and make sure you play at the most recommended sites by players.
• Play only at casinos that are audited by TST or eCOGRA.
• For the online casinos based outside of Canada, play at casinos that are licensed by reputable countries, preferably EU member countries.
• Play at casinos that use software from trusted companies, preferable the ones that make in-built games whose rules are factory preset.